How to prepare a seminar and a lesson
Preparation of a seminar:
A seminar is a gathering of people for learning or reflecting on a specific item to meet or address the specific need of the community or of a church.
Objectives of the lesson:
The objective of this lesson is to help the participants in how to prepare a seminar or conference that will bring and maintain a change and transformation in the life and ministry of the participants so that they may reach the expected results in their homes, churches and community.
– People do organize seminar for the sake of report or routine
– One of problems in our life and in our ministry is how to maintain the results of any successful training or teaching we offer. One of the reasons is the fact that people do not take time to prepare the seminar or the lesson.
– There is need for spiritual transformation and change and help the church and especially believers and church leaders how to prepare a seminar and a lesson for effective and permanent change.
– One of the weaknesses we find in the ministry today is the fact that churches do not take time to learn how to do things the way they should be done in their Christian life.
Preparation of a seminar
- The objective of a seminar. 1Corinthians 9:4-27
A seminar should have a clear, specific and measurable and concise objective. That is to say that at the end of the seminar the participants should have reached somewhere.
- What is the need/problem that is there?
- What are the consequences?
- What is the greatest consequence that directly affects the lives of people, of the church, of the community or of the nation?
- Teaching a lesson is communicating knowledge on how to do things.
- Causing to accept, to persuade
- Handing down or pass on a body of knowledge or a set of traditions or doctrines,
not head knowledge but a new reality that interprets the way things are, affecting our cultures, our values, our motives, our attitudes and our actions.
- It implies discipline, practice, and memorization of scripture (Ephesians 4:11-13).
A lesson of a training conference or seminar should meet the objectives of the seminar and addressing the real need in order to bring a solution to the problem that has been found. Therefore they should be well fixed in prayer and wisdom, order to meet the need that is there. They should be clearly formulated, understandable, without confusing wording or phrases or terms. Make sure the lessons will address the problem that has been detected and that needs to be solved.
These lessons should be taught by people who will be able to address properly the issue and who are convinced that the problem needs to be addressed and solved. Do not give it to anybody. The subject of the lessons should be given to the facilitator earlier enough to enable the facilitator to have time to be prepared in prayer and interacting with the books about the topic.